What is Ayatul kursi? Ayatul kursi is the 255th verse of the surah Al-Bakarah in the holy Quran. It is a powerful dua that is widely memorized and displayed in the Islamic world. In below Ayatul kursi in Arabic text.
Ayatul Kursi in Arabic
Bismillaahir rahmaanir rahiim
“Allahu laa ilaha illaa huwal haiyul qaiyum
Laa ta’ khuzuhu sinatuw walaa nawum
lahu maa dissamaawati wa ma fil ardi
man jallazi yashfa’u indahu illa bieznih
ya’lamu ma baina idihim wa ma khalfahum
wa la yahituna bishai in min limihi
illa bima shaa a wasia kusiyyuhus smaawati wal ard
wa la yauduhu hifzuhuma wa huwal aliyul aziim.”
Ayatul Kursi Translation in English
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Allah ! There is no God but Him, (Allah) the Alive, the Eternal. Neither drowsiness befalls Him nor sleep. All things in heaven and earth are His. Who could intercede intercede with Him except His permission? He knows what appears in front of and behind His creatures. they do not comprehend anything of His knowledge except what he wishes. His Seat included the heavens and the earth ,and He is never wearied by their preservation. for He is the Highest and Most Exalted.
Hadeth About Ayatul kursi
- Ubayy ibne Ka’b (radiAllahu ta’la anhu) said: The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: “Abu Mundhir! Do you know which verse in The Quran is the greatest? I replied: ‘Allah and His Rasul (prophet) know best.’ He said again: ‘Do you know which Ayah in Allah’s Book, according to you, is the greatest?’ I ( Abu Mundir peace be upon him) replied: ‘It is ‘Allahu laa ilaaha illaa Huwal Hayyul Qayyum’.[2:255].
- Thereupon he (pbuh) patted me in the chest and said, ‘ Rejoice by your knowledge, O Abu Mundhir! (may this knowledge be a source of respect, honour and benefit to you)’.”
- Asma’ bint Yazid (radiAllahu anhu) narreted, ‘ I heard the prophet of Allah (peace be upon him) say regarding these 2 following Ayahs, i.e, verses: “Allah! there’s no god but He – the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. [2:255], And, Alif Lam Mim, Allah! there’s no god but He – the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal [3:1-2], That they contain Allah’s Greatest Name.”
[Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal in his Musnad]
- Abu Umamah Al-Bahili (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The one who recites it once every of the obligatory prayers, then death are the sole factor preventing him from coming into Paradise.”
[Ibn Sunni, Ibn Hibban]
- Abu Dhar said; O prophet of Allah, what’s the best factor that has been revealed to you?’ He same, Ayat al-Kursi, ‘Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa’
- When you lie in your bed, recite ayat al-Kursi, Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the correct to be idolised but He), the Ever Living, the One who sustains and protects all that exists… [al-Baraqah 2:255] till the top of the domestic, then can|you’ll|you may} have a defender from Allah and no genie (devil) will come back close to you till morning comes
Benefits of Ayatul Kursi
Benefits of Ayatul Kursi
- Way to Seek Allah’s Protection: Continuous reading of Ayatul kursi brings a person into the direct protection of Almighty Allah . Once a time Abu Huraira (R.A) was made in-charge of Zakah revenue. At the night time, he was thinking as what to do if sleeps overpowers him. The Zakah revenue will be left unguarded. At the moment aman happened to pass nearby. He told Abu Huraira (R.A) to recite Ayatul Kursi and then sleep as much as he wanted to.
- Remedy for Weak Memory: If you or your kid or child is suffering from memory loss, you can recite this ayat and in a matter of just a some days, you will feel the change yourself. Regular recitation of Ayat-ul-Kursi whets your brain. You can also recite the ayat for your beloved ones who have died and grant their souls, a feeling of utter solace.
- Remove All Fears: If you are afraid of someone or want to avoid the wrath of any unlucky event which seems to be coming your way, start reciting the ayat and rest assured, you will be protected be given strength by Allah to the utmost level.
- In the time of leaving home, if one recites the ayah once, the Almighty has one group of Angels to come and protect you. If you recited twice, two groups of
Angels are assigned to do this. If you recited three times Almighty Allah tells the Angels not to worry as the Almighty himself takes care of him.
- Prophet (SAW) said: whoever recites the first Four ayats of Surah Bakarah, then Ayatul Kursi and then the last three ayats of Surah Bakarah will not be inflicted with any kind of difficulty in his wealth or himself, Iblis will not come near him and he will not forget the Qur’an.
- The Holy Prophet (saw) has said: If one recites Ayatul Kursi before going to sleep, Allah will send an Angel to come and look after you and protect you till the morning. His home, family and also neighbours will remain in safety until morning.
- Imam Ali (AS) said from Prophet(S.A) : Qur’an is a great word, and Sura Bakarah is the leader of the Quran and Ayatul Kursi is the leader of Surah Bakarah. there are 50 words In Ayatul Kursi and for each word there are 50 blessings and good in it.
- One who recites Ayatul Kursi at morning will be in the protection, safety of Allah until the night.
Frequent recitation makes ones own death easy.