Tahajjud Prayer: Tahajjud is a voluntary prayer that is offered by Muslims at last night. It is not among five obligatory prayers required to offer by all Muslims.
the Islamic prophet, Hazrat Muhammad (peace be upon Him) has been recorded as performing the tahajjud prayer regularly. He encourages his companions to offer it to Allah. For its many rewards and benefits, and a way to purity the soul, enabling it to approach the Realm of Allah. Tahajjud is also known as the “night prayer” or Qiyam-ul-Lail.
Benefits of Tahajjud prayer
- One of the causes of beign close to allah and gaining His Love.
- One of the causes of removing fear and sadness, and receiving successive good news of the expected great reward.
- The voluntary night salah is the best salah after the obligaroty one. It draws a person nearer to the Lord. As it expiates sins.
- One of the reasons of accepting invocations, gaining the Love of Allah, safety fo undesirable matters, and remission of sins.
- One of the thing that rescue a person from Hell and make him win the ranks of paradise.
Tahajjud prayer time
Tahajjud prayer may be performed in the middle part of the night or the later part of the night. But must be pray after Isha salah.
Ibn Hajar said,
There was no specific time in which the prophet (peace be upon Him) would perform his late night prayer. But he used to do whatever was easiest form him.
Amr ibn abbas clained that he heard prophet Muhammad (wallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said, the closest that a servant comes to his Lord is during the middle of the latter portion of the night.
Tahajjud prayer Rakat
There is no maximum limit that may be performed. It is traditionally prayed with at least two rakat. Which is known as shif’a a followed by witr as this is what prophet (peace upon Him) did.
Ayesha (radiallahu tala anhu) said, Prophet (sallahu alaihi wa sallam) used to pray 8 rakat tahajjun in Ramadan and Out of Ramadan regularly.
You can also pray 2, 4, 6, 8 or more Tahajjud prayer.